Description of Shimano Deore XT M8100 XC Race Groupset 1×12-speed
Shimano Deore XT M8100 – The world is your canvas.The original MTB group continues its legacy of remaining the standard for mountainbikers everywhere. Nearly three decades in, the Deore XT brand is defined by its trail-tested durability, reliability and performance. As mountainbiking becomes faster and faster and the terrain even more technical, the M8100 series aims to give the rider the necessary feeling of confidence and safety.
Following the principle of passing on the experiences and technologies of the top series, the Deore XT incorporates the innovations of the high-end XTR components. Accordingly the new 12-speed groupset features of course Micro Spline and Hyperglide+.
The Shimano Deore XT M8100 1×12-speed groupset consists of:
- Deore XT SL-M8100-R shift lever (EV, right)
- Deore XT BL-M8100 brake lever (left + right)
- Deore XT BR-M8100 XC Race disc brake caliper (Post Mount, front + rear)
- Deore XT FC-M8100-1 crank
- Deore XT SM-CRM85 Direct Mount chainring (34 teeth)
- Deore XT RD-M8100-SGS Shadow RD+ rear derailleur (long)
- Deore XT CS-M8100 cassette 10-51T
- Deore XT CN-M8100 chain (incl. SM-CN910-12 Quick Link)
Hubs, brake discs and bottom bracket cups are not included. These can be ordered separately.
The Shimano XT M8120 2×12 groupset – leaving its mark
The Shimano M8100 2×12 groupset is the first XT with 12-speed compatibility – a step that the XTR has taken before and that now allows even more bikers to use it. It consists of a 2x crank (26-36 t) with 3 mm further out chainline, a front derailleur (E-Type or Direct Mount), rear derailleur, two shifters (either clamp or I-Spec EV), Quick-Link chain and cassette with a 10-45 gradation. M8100 fits seamlessly into the success story of the first MTB component groupset ever. As in the past, the focus is on endurance and performance, coupled with the riding pleasure and adventure that modern Mountain bikers seek on the trails of this world. Leave your mark – with the XT M8100 by Shimano.
Series: Deore XT M8100
Application: Enduro, All Mountain, Cross Country
Gearing: 2x, 12-speed (mechanical)
Crankset: 170.0 mm, 175.0 mm (26-36 tooth)
side-swing, front-pull, E-type (bottom bracket mount, chainstay mount)
side-swing, front-pull, direct mount
Rear Derailleur: long cage (SGS)
Shifter: clamp (closed), I-Spec EV
Additional Components Needed:
Freehub / Rear Hub: Shimano Micro Spline. Various manufacturers offer conversion kits.
Brake Lever: According to Shimano, only I-Spec EV, but there are adapter solutions for I-Spec (B) or I-Spec II from other manufacturers
The Shimano XT M8100 2×12 groupset includes:
– 1 x Shimano XT crankset (FC-M8120-B2)
– 1 x Shimano XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur (RD-M8120)
– 1 x Shimano XT front derailleur (FD-M8100)
– 1 x Shimano XT shifter, right ( SL-M8100-R or SL-M8100-IR)
– 1 x Shimano XT shifter, left ( SL-M8100-L Mono or SL-M8100-IL Mono)
– 1 x Shimano XT cassette (CS-M8100-12)
– 1 x Shimano XT chain (CN-M8100)
– 1 x Shimano SM-CN910-12 Quick-Link master link
A 2 year warranty is offered with all Shimano products from S2HCYCLE (3 years on Dura-Ace and XTR products).
Buy Shimano Components from S2HCYCLE, the World’s Cheapest Online Bike Store.